Saturday at The Wine Market in Marietta. Gail is joined by owner Karen Giese and Habitat for Humanity fundraiser Andy Tatnall. The wine basket raffle raised $263
- June 10- Alpharetta Farmers Market-AM
- June 12- PARC Alpharetta -10:00
- June 23-Change It Up-(children’s boutique)-Marietta-10:30
- June 24-The Local Exchange-Park Square in Marietta-11:00-2:00
- June 25-Berman Commons-Dunwoody-10:30
- June 30- Mt. Vernon Village-10:00am
- July 3-Mt.Vernon Tower-Sandy Springs-2:00
- July 17-Cottonwood Senior Living-Alpharetta-2:00
- July 19-Sterling Estates Senior Living- Dallas Hwy, Marietta-4:00
- July 22-Charter Senior Living-Alpharetta- 2:00-4:00-Community Event
- July 27-Mansions-Alpharetta-1:00
- July 29-The Wine Market-Marietta Square-
- August 5-Cuzi Fresh Cafe-Alpharetta-10:00-12:00
- August 12-Kid to Kid-Alpharetta-11:00
- August 12-Ocee Library-Johns Creek- 2:00-4:00
- August 15-Sanford Estates Retirement Living-Roswell
- August 19-Pottery Barn Kids-Avalon-10:00-3:00
- September 1- Mirabella Boutique-Dunedin,FL-11:00-3:00
- September 14-Mansions-Sandy Springs-1:00
- September 16-1/2 Price Books-E.Cobb-12:00-5:00
- September 19-Book Exchange-Marietta-6:30pm-8:30
- September 21-Alive After 5-Roswell
- October 11-Discovery Village Senior Living -Suwanee-3:00
- October 14-Cottonwood Festival-Alpharetta-10:00-3:00
- October 17-Pottery Barn Kids-Lenox-AM
- October 19-Oli&Ve-Roswell-Alive After 5
- October 21-Wender&Roberts-W.Paces Ferry-12:00-3:00
- November 1- Spruill Oaks Library -Johns Creek-4:30
- November 4- Pottery Barn Kids-Lenox-12:00-3:00
- November 5- St. Ives Holiday Expo-Johns Creek-Noon-5:00
- November 14-Sandy Springs Library-Story Time-11:30
- Barnes&Noble-Mall of Georgia-TBA
What are your dreams made of? Have you ever thought of a dream being turned into a reality or even a story? Local author & retired teacher Gail Heller is taking a literary journey to share her latest stories,“ Seely Shoes” and “The Nog Story: A Tale About the Origin of Eggnog.” Over the past two years, she has been a guest at local festivals, schools, restaurants, senior living & boutique events promoting “Seely’s Shoes.” This novella was based on a mesmerizing dream that leads her into writing this mysterious story that raves attention of locals that love quick reads!
While on her journey as a new author, Gail decided to incorporate a charitable organization into her book talks. She partnered with Soles4Souls, an international organization which distributes shoes to disaster victims around the world. Their motto, “Changing the world one pair at a time”, motivated Gail to collect 600 pounds of shoes.
Meanwhile, Gail’s dream to have her beloved children’s Christmas story published, turned into a reality in 2017. Local art student, Stephanie Tian, beautifully illustrated this whimsical story. Grateful Steps, a non-profit publisher in Asheville, North Carolina launched “The Nog Story-A Tale About the Origin of Eggnog.” 10% of proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity. She is currently promoting both books.
She attends local events and has been a guest speaker at many venues. Her website is www.gailheller.com
I had a great time this Saturday at Restore Habitat for Humanity ReStore Roswell, signing books for my new Children’s Book, The Nog Story. Thank you so much for having me!
Here I am at Oli+Ve bookbook signing. I had a fun time seeing friends and meeting new customers.
Imagine a family of four, traveling west in a covered wagon. They come across a mysterious house, occupied by a whimsical family. The secret to the creation and distribution of eggnog during Christmas season is cleverly revealed. As their joyful experience unfolds, we become part of their celebration of family, friends, community and hard work. Remember to keep the secret of the butterflies within you.
I am looking forward to my book being published and released in January 2017. If you would like to pre-order your copy please click on this link – The Nog Story: A Tale About the Origin of Eggnog
On Jan. 17,2014, Gail Heller had her son Jared and his friend Brandon deliver 53 boxes or 606 lbs. of shoes to a drop off point in Kennesaw, GA. Gail collected all these shoes for Soles4Souls while promoting her book, Seely’s Shoes in 2013. The Soles4Souls organization was very appreciative and will be posting this on their blog.